ESTABLISHED IN 1946
The SmokeHouse was built at the end of WWII and is one of the few L.A. restaurants of that era to survive to today. It has the decor and aura of a different age and has grown steadily with the growth of the movie industry and through word of mouth in the Burbank community.
The original restaurant was located at the corner of Pass and Riverside avenue and seated 46 people and was enjoyed by local luminaries like Bob Hope and Bing Crosby. Jim Stockton was the promoter and front man for the restaurant with Jack Monroe as the head cook. The Smokehouse was so successfull and packed with customers that they soon began looking for a new building. The Red Coach Inn on Lakeside Drive was slated to be opened as a nightclub, but city regulations and the owner Danny Kaye's contract with Warner Brothers mean that it never opened as intended and in 1949 the Smokehouse moved to its current location where the Red Coach Inn was built.
DEEP IN MOVIE HISTORY
Built beside the world famous Warner Brothers lot in Burbank, California, the SmokeHouse is a favorite hang out for actors, producers, and anyone else in the industry. In the 60’s in was common to come in for lunch and find the place filled with costumed cowboy and indian extras having lunch.
The owners, Lee and Martha Spencer also own The Warehouse Restaurant in Marina Del Rey.
The Warehouse Restaurant
Follow us on twitter and facebook for all upcoming events and specials.